【 Type of attraction open for tourism 】
- Length of trail: About 28.5km.
- Time required for the trip: About 5-7 days.
- Difficulty: Higher difficulty to average people.
【 Management 】
- Environmental limit:The trail passes through the Ecological Reserve and the Oncorhynchus Masou sanctuary in the Snow Mountain National Park.
- Intensity of development/Type of facility: Not apt for exploration and it is proposed to keep tourists in limited numbers as Type 3 Trails of the National Trail Systems.
The Major Snow Mountain Sector is part of the Snow Mountain and the largest branch of the mountains by the same name. At 32km, in the short trip of 22km between the Snow Mountain main peak and the Minor Snow Mountain straight line, there are 16 peaks of more than 3000m above sea level, though only the snow Mountain (3,173m), the Major Snow Mountain (3,350m), the Touying Mountain (3,510m) and the Huoshih Mountain (3,310m), all of delta base rock, are ranked among the list of top 100 in Taiwan. Besides Touying Mountain and the Huoshih Mountain, which are known for their steep cliffs and the Major Snow Mountain and Pipida Prairie for the prairies, the sector is known for Mr. LIN Wenan, ranked among the 4 renowned mountaineers in Taiwan, who lost his life to the Snow Mountain.