【 Type of attraction open for tourism 】
- Length of trail: About 15.5km.
- Time required for the trip: About 3-4 days.
- Difficulty: Of medium difficulty to average people.
【 Management 】
- Environmental limit:The trail passes through the Ecological Reserve and the Oncorhynchus Masou sanctuary in the Snow Mountain National Park.
- Intensity of development/Type of facility: Not apt for exploration and it is proposed to keep tourists in limited numbers as Type 3 Trails of the National Trail Systems.
The Zhijiayang mountain is 3,289m above sea level and it is known for the Zhijiayangshe (the Huang Mountain as we know today) and it is the first trekking route to the Snow Mountain. Surrounded by a large number of collapsed valleys, this is an alluvial valley formed back in the Ice Age.
The Central Cordillera is to its east and the second highest peak in Taiwan, the snow Mountain Main Peak is to the west. Looking south, one would find the Jade Mountain peaks and the Baigu Mountain. To the north, it is the Pintian Mountain, Chiyou Mountain and Tao Mountain of the Wuling 4 Peaks.