【 Type of attraction open for tourism 】
- Length of trail: About 8.5km.
- Time required for the trip: About 2-3 days.
- Difficulty: Of medium difficulty to average people.
【 Management 】
- Environmental limit:The trail passes through the Ecological Reserve and the Oncorhynchus Masou sanctuary in the Snow Mountain National Park.
- Intensity of development/Type of facility: Not apt for exploration and it is proposed to keep tourists in limited numbers as Type 3 Trails of the National Trail Systems.
The full line of the Snow Mountain East Peak Sector is of some 8.5km in length and the Snow Mountain East Peak, ranked among the top 100 in Taiwan, is of 3,201m above sea level and, located in the east branch of the Snow Mountain East Peak, it provides inviting views on top.
The Central Cordillera is to its east and the second highest peak in Taiwan, the snow Mountain Main Peak is to the west. Looking south, one would find the Jade Mountain peaks and the Baigu Mountain. To the north, it is the Pintian Mountain, Chiyou Mountain and Tao Mountain of the Wuling 4 Peaks.