【 Type of attraction open for tourism 】
- Length of trail: About 6.9km.
- Time required for the trip: The entire trip would take 1 day.
- Difficulty: Low to medium difficulty to average people.
【 Management 】
- Authority: Bureau of Tourism (Northeast Coast National Scenery Area Administration)
- Environmental limit: Not sensitive to ecological environment.
- Intensity of development/Type of facility: Apt for general public for tours, though relevant facilities may be required and the trail shall remain as this is, without many artificial works. This is a type 1 trail in the national trial system specification.
The Canguangliaoshan is located in the heart of Jilongshan mountains, which are formed by the Keelung volcanoes, such as Jilongshan, Banpingshan, Wuerchashan, Caoshan and Mudanshan, all of acid quartz Andesite. In mid autumn, the reddish grass flowers there are many times more inviting than the ones on the Chixing and Datun mountains, reason why the site is referred to as Canguangliao. Jilongshan to the north is the mountain that separates Jinguanshi from Jiufen, At 588m above sea level and known as Jilongshan in old days, the site shows its volcano terrain and the conic mountain is a primary landmark on the northeast coast.
In terms of botanical resources, in April, red azalea, a rare species, covers the mountain top and builds an even more inviting view than Caigongken and Chixingshan of the Datun Mountains and that is why it is referred as home to red azalea. Other species are ???, red lily flowers and???? among other rare species.
When it comes to tourist resources, Jiufen in the neighborhood is known for its cultural and nostalgic ambient. In Jinguashi, there are gold shrines, gold highways, gold falls, gold fortresses and gold sea as 5 primary legends. Mountaineer trails are accessible everywhere and there are the Wuerchahubanpingshan branch, the Liuxiang Historic Trail branch, the Dacuken Historic Trail branch, the No. 102 County Highway Sandiaoling Historic Trail branch, the Mudan Historic Trail branch the Jinhe Historic Trail Jinguashe branch, Hemei branch, Kumingling and Wenziken branch among others. At 738mabove sea level, Canguangliao is the highest peak of the Jilong Volcanoes, and Caoshan and Banpingshan are the other 2 primary peaks. Located in a right triangle for successful control by satellites, the sight comes in a radius of 97km. On top of the peak, one would see peaks and skyscraping waters. Canguangliaoshan is known for its grass flowers, sunset, it is also an ideal spot to watch sunrise and night views. The tranquil Historic Trail and its 360° is what makes it a hot topic of people.